Oil plays an important role in the performance of a car and is also the prime reasons behind its longevity. It is important to change the oil from time to time especially when the car is being serviced. Changing the oil on your own is something that a lot of people prefer doing, although it is quite a messy job to do. So if you are planning to do an oil change in your car then all you need is a good oil drain pan to make it less messy and easier to do. Oil drain pans are great because they prevent the oil from draining on the ground which can be quite hazardous, the slippery surface can cause many accidents.
Well the oil in the vehicle should be changed every 3000-6000 miles but it should be changed and drained only if you have a proper product to do so, in this case it is an oil drain pan. Oil drain pan can easily collect the oil and then it can drop it on the right spot without spilling the oil here and there.
How to choose an oil drain pan?
Well there are certain considerations that should be made while selecting an oil drain pan for the upkeep of you vehicle.
- The first consideration is the size of the pan; the oil drip pan should be large so that it can hold the amount of oil that would flow from the engine while you are changing the oil. You can check the manual of the vehicle in order to find out the right amount of oil that the car holds and then you can select the pan for it.
- Another consideration that should be made is of the opening. If the opening is large then it can be a lot messy while one is aiming to flow the oil in the oil drip pan.
- You should also check the wheels, handles and the seals for the easy movement of the oil pan.
- The height of the pan is another consideration that should be made, this is important because if the height is big then the pan would not fit under the vehicle.
- The material is the last thing to be kept in mind, the material of the oil drain pan is responsible for its durability.
These are a few considerations that should be made if you want to buy the best oil drain pan for your vehicle.
Oil drain pans to consider
Well if you are thinking of maintaining your vehicle on your own then you will only be able to do it if you have the best oil drain pan, so here are a few oil drain pans that are worth considering and are quite affordable with interesting designs.
- Flo Tool 42003MI drain container: This drain container comes with the best design for collecting fluids. It is a 16 quart item that can accumulate oil, water and trans- fluids. The Flo tool has a square design which is easier for transportation, it also has a red drain plug that is like a sealer and can be put when the container becomes full. This oil drain pan comes with a small air hole that is helpful in the dumping process, so all in all it is a great pan overall.
- Matrix M28: The matrix oil pan is translucent and is a welcoming change from the black oil drain pan that we see. Being translucent makes it easy for one to see and check how full the container is. This oil pan can hold upto 5 quarts of oil which is quite sufficient. This oil pan is perfect for almost all the vehicles and it comes along with a handle which makes transportation easy. The M28 comes with a pouting spout that can be capped and the oil can kept for as long as you want.
- Lumax LX-1632 drain master: If you really want the best oil drain pan in the market, then this is the one. This pan is ordinary but it can do wonders, it can contain 15 quarts of oil which is sufficient for trucks, autos and SUV’s and larger engines if necessary. It has an opening on the top which means not much has to be cleaned after the oil is changed. This pan also comes with 2 carry handles which makes the movement easy and comfortable. In case you want an oil pan which is of a higher capacity then this is the one.
- Capri tools CP21021: This is a traditional oil drain pan so it cannot be termed as best but it is easy to use. This oil pan is transportable and it also has anti-splash lip which holds the liquid when the oil is being poured. The Capri tools is made up polyethylene which makes it long lasting and durable, moreover it is easy to clean.
- Lisle 17942 black plastic drain pan: It has an ergonomic layout with 2 front handles on the side and one handle in the back. This black oil drain pan is great tool for using in the garage and is the best pans that can be bought. Though it is simple it has a capacity of about 18 quarts and it is really easy to handle when it is loaded. This oil drain pan is made up of polyethylene material which is good as it is safe from solvents. This pan is affordable and is one of the best oil drain pans that you can buy.
As there are quite a lot of oil drain pans in the market so this list of oil drain pans can really help you in making the right choice and in choosing the best oil drain pan for your vehicle. Oil drain pans are great if you really want to do a DIY of oil changing, so check all the options and read their reviews online before buying.